The project is the first known multi-threaded research of its kind, mining perception of Sikh Americans and the challenges they face from numerous sources:
- Two independently managed consumer survey projects (Google Consumer Surveys and Politix)
- A comprehensive review of academic literature in the neurosciences, psychology, sociology, and criminology on bias and hate crimes
- A study of Internet conversation regarding Sikh Americans
- Qualitative interviews with leaders in the Sikh American community and their peers in other ethnic and faith-based communities
- A review of best practices and case studies in design-based interventions in the areas of conflict prevention, conflict resolution, and peacemakingThe research was conducted from July through September 2013.