Led by Anne Kjær Riechert, the Berlin Peace Innovation Lab was launched in Spring 2013. Under Anne’s leadership, the lab has brought together a community of practitioners and most notably incubated the ReDI School of Digital Integration, a coding school for Syrian refugees.
The Berlin Peace Innovation Lab, is part of a global network of peace innovation labs initiated by https://peaceinnovation.stanford.edu/ The peace innovation lab network provides design frameworks, principles and methodologies for Persuasive Technology interventions to measurably increase positive engagement, at scale. We are here to: – improve social security – provide academic knowledge – facilitate business development – build personal capacity – build a strong local community.
Anne Kjær Riechert
I am a 2006 graduate from the social innovation and change management education “KaosPilot” in Denmark.
From 2006-2009 I worked as creative lead and corporate social responsibility (CSR) consultant for the Copenhagen-based brand strategy company Stoic, where I amongst others developed and implemented Samsung Electronics award-winning CSR strategy for Scandinavia.
Since 2006, I have managed my own humanitarian project, Kids Have a Dream, which organizes global workshops to empower youth through drawings and discussions about their dreams for the future. The project has reached over 3000 children in 23 countries from Baghdad to Bangladesh, from Canada to Kenya.
I exhibit the drawings in public and political places to increase awareness and raise funds for children growing up in disadvantaged areas. The exhibitions have been realized in collaboration with organizations such as UNAIDS and the Norwegian Department of Foreign Affairs, as well as Amnesty international.
In July 2010, I moved to Japan, when I was entrusted with the prestigious Rotary Peace Fellowship. As part of my field research for my M.A. in Peace Studies, I worked with OpenIDEO in Palo Alto for three months.
I am currently living in Germany helping the Peace Innovation Lab at Stanford set up a new peace lab in Berlin. The lab will teach social innovation to the public and private sector, function as an incubator for social start-ups and be a controlled research environment for peace and innovation studies.
Despite my above mentioned accomplishments I am however most proud of my ability to connect with people from all walks of life. I use this strength, to collaborate and cross-pollinate, as the foundation for all the innovation projects in which I am involved. By further applying academic analysis and my private- and public sector experience I am able to connect and unite large networks of stakeholders in the pursuit of a common goal.
Latest Berlin Activities
- Culture is the New Care (3/10/2016)
- Social Entrepreneurship Inside of Hard Places (12/14/2015)
- Innovation for/with Refugees: Next Steps (12/3/2015)
- Let’s Talk About Sex (10/15/2015)
- Can Innovation Fight Hunger? (9/17/2015)
- Future : Framework, Fantasy or Fate? (8/27/2015)
- Design Thinking without Borders (8/16/2015)
- “Innovation for Refugees” Open Networking Meeting (7/9/2015)
- Innovation for Refugees (6/18/2015)
- Collaborative Sandbox: Innovation management tools (6/11/2015)
- Chemistry of Social Campaigning (4/16/2015)
- Innovation in Health: Co-Creating for a Healthier Society (4/8/2015)
- The Art of Social Mobilization : Meetup Organizer Workshop (3/21/2015)
- How to Grow Crowds for Causes (3/17/2015)
- INNOVATING PUBLIC HEALTH : Where medicine, technology & entrepreneurship meet (3/12/2015)
- Collaborative Sandbox: Capturing collective thinking (2/19/2015)
- Nudging Climate Change (1/15/2015)
- Creating a Global Movement on a Zero Budget (12/15/2014)
- Berlin PIL Workshop Recap: Participatory Urban Development — is it possible? (12/9/2014)
- Collaborative Sandbox: Creativity and the control of attention (11/27/2014)
- Collaborative Sandbox: Encouraging empathy in groups (10/23/2014)
- City Hack – Making Berlin more livable in a day (9/13/2014)
- Participatory Urban Development in Berlin (Meetup on Sept 4) (8/31/2014)
- Movement for Empathy and Social Wellbeing (Meetup on July 6) (7/6/2014)
- Collaborative Sandbox – An introduction to Lean Canvas (Meetup on July 3) (7/3/2014)
- Data Visualization & Data Journalism (5/14/2014)
- To Innovate or Not to Innovate? Expert Advice at the Berlin Peace Innovation Lab (4/4/2014)
- Innovation in Social Enterprises (4/3/2014)
- Science Working within Society (3/6/2014)
- Designing for Collaboration (9/3/2013)
- Berlin Hackathon – Design for Giving (7/26/2013)
- Berlin Peace Innovation lab Hosts July 19 Meet Up on Health (7/24/2013)
- Digital Donations – Crowdfunding for Social Change (7/11/2013)
- Peace Innovation Lab Berlin Off to Fast Start (5/30/2013)
- Berlin Peace Innovation Lab MeetUp May 23, 2013 (5/15/2013)
- Berlin Peace Innovation Lab MeetUp May 14, 2013 (5/6/2013)